We are a BBBEE-owned and Black-Managed Section 12J Private Equity Fund and Section 12J venture Capital Company
Futureneers B4i Empowerment (RF) enables Corporates and Private Companies to maximise return on Enterprise and Supplier Development - measured not only by way of BBBEE scorecard points, but also in the manner in which we create and grow commercially driven projects into sustainable, profitable BBBEE SMEs. We do this by aggregating a number of smaller ESD contributions from multiple companies, while we partner with Corporates and Private Companies to provide tailor-made BBBEE Innovation Solutions, focusing on commercially driven mandates rather than simply ticking the compliance scorecard.
We believe empowerment (as for any other business), should always start with a sustainable and commercially viable business model, designed to drive business success and then pair it with long-term empowerment objectives
Learn more about the B4i Empowerment model...
Maximise ESD Recognition
Depending on the applicable BBBEE Codes, ESD equity contributions to the ESD Company qualifies for between 70% and 100% recognition in year one, while roll-over benefits may also apply in certain circumstances.
100% Tax Break (Almost a 1/3rd of investment subsidised)
Futureneers B4i Empowerment (RF) is a registered Section12J Venture Capital Company, which means that every ESD contribution (in the form of a minority equity investment) also qualifies for a 100% tax deduction - improving cash-flow and diluting investment risk. In other words, almost a 1/3rd (being the Corporate tax rate of 28%) of the investment contribution is effectively subsidised by the SARS Section 12J incentive.
Each participant will own equity in the fund, and in accordance with the fund rules, share in future dividends and equity growth. In addition, the projects created add significant commercial value to the contributor's supply chain.
As a final, but secondary advantage, the fund offers qualifying participating companies an opportunity to partner with the fund in JV or tender projects requiring black ownership. This means the Corporate has a verified and trusted partner with reputable and known black beneficiaries and skills to seek new tender and JV opportunities without having to look for external black partners for each and every new deal.
We enable companies to maximise the return on ESD beyond just satisfying the BBBEE scorecard requirements in a few easy steps:
Make the ESD Contribution
The Contributing Company makes a Qualifying ESD Contribution to Futureneers™ B4i Empowerment (RF) by subscribing for a class of ESD Share (minority equity investment) allocated to one or multiple Approved ESD Projects.
(Small contributions are aggregated and pooled together for maximum impact, while larger contributions may be structured to enable the Contributing Companies to brand their fund, pick the Projects to be developed or invested in and even specify the Black Shareholders to benefit from the Fund's 51% Black-Owned structure)
Receive ESD Certificate - BBBEE ESD Recognition
ESD contributions to the ESD Company qualifies for between 70% and 100% recognition in year one and potential roll-over benefits in certain circumstances.
Get the Tax Benefits
We issue a Section 12J Venture Capital Share Certificate, enabling the Contributing Company to deduct the investment for Income Tax purposes in accordance with Section 12J of the Income Tax Act.
Own equity in the Fund
Each Contributing Company is issued equity shares and will own up to 19% of the equity in identified Projects.
Futureneers B4i Empowerment RF (Pty) Ltd is a registered Financial Services Provider (FSP no. 47705 ) and registered Section 12J Venture Capital Company (VCC-0053).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(1) Futureneers B4i Empowerment RF (Pty) Ltd ("the Company") offers Corporates and Private Companies the opportunity to participate in its BBBEE ESD programs through making a minority investment in its ESD Fund or participating via ESD structured Loans, for which the contributing companies may receive ESD Scorecard recognition, a tax deduction in accordance with Section 12J and be issued equity in the fund.
(2) The main objective of the Company is not to maximise financial return for investors, but to promote and execute its BBBEE empowerment objectives, ensure participants maximise their BBBEE Scorecard points, receive a tax incentive, and further equity benefits as described herein, while at the same time promoting its sustainable black empowerment model and developing black entrepreneurs.
(3) The Company is a registered and authorised financial service provider (FSP registration number 47705) and a registered Section 12J Venture Capital Company (SARS registration number VCC-0053).
(4) Please further note that an investment in Futureneers B4i Empowerment RF (Pty) Ltd is by invitation only and not available as an offer to the public. Only companies wishing to participate in the Company's Enterprise and Supplier Development programme will qualify for potential investment after pre-screening. To enquire about participating in our ESD programme, please complete the contact us form on our website and we will put you in touch with one of our senior executive and FCSA registered representatives.
(5) All potential benefits and savings referred to on this website relate to a potential income tax saving should the investors deduct their full investments for income tax purposes in accordance with section 12J of the Income Tax act, assuming the client is a company being taxed at the current corporate tax rate of 28%, and assuming the investment is made in qualifying entities and the Investor qualifies for the tax benefit, and BBBEE benefits assuming all relevant conditions of the BBBEE Codes are met.
(6) This website is for information purposes only. Should you require further information about participating in our ESD programme, please contact one of our registered and authorised representatives (details on the website).
(7) DISCLAIMER: The content provided on this website does not constitute as solicitation, guidance, proposal, invitation or investment recommendation or advice, and prior to considering such an investment, we recommend prospective investors seek specialised BBEE, financial, legal and tax advice.